Here’s our first recipe on the new site. Enjoy!
Wild Mushroom & Asparagus Tofu Frittata (Serves 4)
A vegan dish featuring early spring vegetables, with a Mediterranean flair. Serve with a vegetable soup and a whole grain dish.1 Tbsp olive oil 1 clove pressed garlic 1/2 cup sliced yellow onions 1 cup sliced wild mushrooms (portabello, shitake, oyster or chanterelle) 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped or sliced 1 Tbsp fresh marjoram or oregano 1/2 tsp turmeric 1 lb fresh Tofu Shop tofu 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat oil in a skillet or saucepan. Saute the garlic, onions and mushrooms in the olive oil until translucent. Add asparagus and a small amount of water and simmer until asparagus is almost tender. Add marjoram and vinegar and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the olives.
- Blend the tofu with the salt and turmeric, adding enough water or cooking broth to make a creamy consistency.
- Fold the vegetable mixture into the pureed tofu and then into an oiled 9 inch pie dish or pan
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until top is firm and golden brown
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving
Recipe developed for Tofu Shop Specialty Foods, Inc. by Linda Redfield, D.C., N.E., www.holisticselfhealing.com